So I'm diving into this Proverbs 31 Woman, morsel by morsel and I want to share some of my findings. A book that has encouraged me is
If you read the fine print on this cover, you will notice that this book is a 90 Day guide. I've had this book for two years and this is my third time attempting to complete the 90 Day challenge. Donna Partow doesn't describe it as a challenge...but for me...it has been. I'm not sure where I ended in the book, probably somewhere around Day 50. I made some progress, but realized that I still struggled with previous days. Partow is a great motivator and I liked the book for that reason. Let's face it, I NEED MOTIVATION.
I don't plan on sharing each day with you here. I do however, want to dissect Proverbs 31 and share what I discover and how I interpret this passage. Please, please, please leave me a comment if you can add to my discoveries or give insight on how you interpret the passage.
10 A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.
Noble by definition means to be of an exalted moral character. To me the first verse is quite obvious. A wife with nobility and sound morals is hard to come by.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.
The first part of verse 11 tells me that her husband has confidence in her ability to manage the household (parenting, discipline, housework, helping children with homework, hospitality (especially with the in-laws) ). The second part made me think of what my husband would consider valuable (clean house, clean clothes, "down time," meals (snacks and desserts included) and probably most valuable, intimacy). Is he lacking these things? If so, they need to be addressed if a Proverbs 31 Woman is whom I want to be.
I think that is about all I'm going to focus on today. I did say morsel by morsel. :) What does your husband value? Leave me some insight with your comments.
I'm going to read Donna Partow's book and I'll add anything that I think others might be interested in reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment