Saturday, December 18, 2010

It's been a while since I've journaled my life. I'm not sure why. I think it may be that motherhood has taken a new twist in mothering two, instead of one. I can honestly say that I'm so blessed and so much in love with our newest daughter.

She is packed with new surprises everyday. Her love and friendliness is contagious and I can never have too many hugs and kisses.

Recently she's been on-line playing games on Nick Jr. The computer has been a strong temptation since her arrival in June. The computer calls her at all times of the day. I know this because I'm always greeted by something new on my computer screen when I sit down to check my e-mail. I have found features that I never new existed because of her happy, button-pushing fingers! I had to get stern with her once and for all. She knew I meant business when I scolded her about my computer. After twelve weeks of pushing buttons she finally understood that Mommy's computer was off limits. Since then she has not pressed one button. She just stares at it longingly. Her eyes pleading to press one button. "Can I play on computer?" she would ask. The answer was always no. About two weeks ago she asked again if she could play with the computer. With snow on the ground and freezing temperatures upon us, I thought it would be okay to let her play some Nick Jr. games. I showed her how to log on and navigate her way to Nick Jr.. Now she can log on and find her website in the 'favorites' list and play to her hearts desire. I see a computer whiz in the making....

To think that over six months ago she was waiting in an orphanage for us. And just months before that she sat in a small hut or shanti with dirt floors waiting for a bite to eat. Now she is surfing the web...well Nick Jr. to be exact. God is bigger than we think.






No comments:

Post a Comment