

Strongholds. There are many and I personally have my own. I have had trouble truly believing that God would set me free. I knew that He could, because after all He IS GOD, but would he? Would he set me free? Because frankly, I haven't been free from it. So what is taking Him so long? Can you relate? So I continue with the same prayers (robotically). And day after day, month after month, and year after year, I'm still not free. So I conclude that this "stronghold" will forever be a "thorn in my side." As recent weeks pass, I hear the Holy Spirit speaking to me. Speaking to me through devotions, books, prayer, Christian media and just about EVERYWHERE!
"YOU DO NOT BELIEVE ME."
"What do you mean I don't believe you. I believe you. You are GOD, why wouldn't I believe you?"
"YOU BELIEVE IN ME, BUT YOU DON'T TRULY BELIEVE I CAN DO IT." "YOU HOPE YOU CAN TRUST ME, BUT YOU DON'T REALLY THINK I CAN DO IT. THAT'S WHY YOU KEEP TRYING ON YOUR OWN, TO NO AVAIL."
"I believe you can do anything, but you're right, I don't believe you will do it for ME."
So one day, Steve calls me from Chicago and asks, "What do you want for Christmas? I need a list." I told him I didn't know, but I would e-mail him a list. Knowing I've been wanting the book, Radical, I went to a bookstore website. I absolutely love Beth Moore and realized that I hadn't read anything from her in quite some time. So I check out her books and I just about choke on my coffee! Believing God. Really?? Talk about a book for me. I notice another book from her, Praying God's Word and decide I want that one too. I was not at all surprised when I opened three of my gifts. =)
In Praying God's Word, I glance at the contents:
Overcoming: Idolatry
UNBELIEF
Pride
Deception
Insecurity of Feeling Unloved
Feelings of Rejection
Addiction
Food-Related Strongholds
Ongoing Feelings of Guilt
Despair Resulting From Loss
Unforgiveness
Depression
Sexual Strongholds
The Enemy
I think to myself, "Whoa, she's really gettin' to the nitty gritty here." I'm also thinking I'm gonna really grow in truth with this book. Needless to say it has been refreshing to know what and how to pray for certain things. Amen!
So onto Believing God. This book was written for ME. Maybe for you too. But I really think God was thinking of ME when this book was written. I don't want to share too much from the book, but I will share the five points that she basis the book on.
*God Is Who He Says He Is
*God Can Do What He Says He Can Do
*I Am Who God Says I Am
*I Can Do ALL Things Through Christ
*God's Word Is Active and Alive In Me
Let me add one more thing. That stronghold I was talking about, looks very little right about now and God is very capable.
So the last book, Radical. If you think life is about the "American Dream" and accumulating every electronic known to man, living in houses that are bigger than needed, driving luxury cars or wearing expensive clothing and the latest fashions, then you probably don't want to read this book. If you want to do something radical for Christ and you realize that you "have" more than needed. You absolutely want to read this book!! If you have been feeling blessed lately and wonder why, YOU REALLY NEED TO READ THIS BOOK. If you're chasing that dream and think that's the game to play, you know the one, "Keeping Up With The Jones', well then, you need to read this book too.
I haven't been current on this blog lately. Things get pretty hectic around here and take much management to keep it running well, if not well, close as possible. :) I am just excited about these three books and felt it was worth sharing. I hope you're a reader. If not...pretend.
Have you been hungry, lately?
Blessings
No comments:
Post a Comment