As I climbed out of bed yesterday morning, something came to mind. I needed a Book of the Month board for our classroom. Not sure why that came to mind, but it did. So I crawled into my crawl space and searched for the right border and a mini shelf for my books to be displayed. As I was searching for "stuff," I came across three File Folder Game books. (Click on photos for a better view)
I had these for a very long time. I used them for Alexa and made some really fun learning games like this one.
What excited me though, was the red binder pictured above. A friend gave me this binder of file folder games and I found games that teach manners and other character building traits. Something I'm really driven to focus on this time around. So you can understand why I sat in amazement as I poured over games I never used before that build on character!!
I love the don't fight picture. We don't have a problem with that, thank goodness. I do however love seeing the Do Your Chores and Listen card. lol! This will no doubt be fun to play and a great way to reinforce good character.
...Oh...And that Book of the Month Board. I think God woke me up with that idea so that I would come across these great Character building activities. I soo love God for helping me on this journey. We are spending a great amount of time on Genesis and the creation account. More on that later. Here are some pics of my Book Board.
I also "dressed up" my dry erase board and our Bible board.
It was definitely an inspiring morning. lol!
So fun! I love it! I am both looking forward to and dreading the new school year. The boys go back in a week, and I have been working on a plan that I hope will help me make time to work with *all* of the kids in certain areas. I'd like to keep some regular reading time with the boys, and to be more consistent with piano. I also want them to learn how to type. For the girls, especially, though, I am determined that they will know all their letters and numbers before kindergarten. It is hard for me to stay relaxed about it, since both the boys were reading well before kindergarten. But the girls are still figuring out the language, so letters are a slow process...anyway, so many things to fit in--finger painting, play dough, scissors and glue, puzzles, nature walks, library time...I wonder how long my momentum will last. :)
ReplyDeleteOkay Tina looks like you have been out of commission too with blogging. Here is a little encouragement to jump back on. Selfishly I am asking of course as it really seems to be the only way you and I keep in touch.
ReplyDeleteAnyways, how is the family I was so sad to hear of your lose. Did you guys come out here?