Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I'M BACK!!

Yes, it's true, I'm back here in cyberspace.  I'm not sure why such a long break.  I guess Facebook has made sharing so much easier.  In complete honesty, as convenient as Facebook is, I feel like it isn't as personal as I thought.  A few short sentences don't really convey ALL that is going on in your life.  Anyway, I really enjoy writing.  It is very therapeutic for me.  I don't know whether or not I have any readers, BUT I get to write and journal at my heart's desire!  Several people have encouraged me to get back to writing on my blog.  I don't know how much I'll do.  Hopefully I can post something weekly. But hurray, it feels good to be back.  So I will do my best in catching up!

First of all, Operation 40 has been a complete disaster!  But I'm still 40 and need to refocus and get my butt in high gear.  My oldest will be off school next week for summer break which will allow me to leave the little one here with her while I go to the gym.  So yippee for that!

Speaking of my oldest, she will be graduating from eighth grade next week!  Very emotional time for me. My little girl will be off to the scary world of high school.  More on that later. 

For now, I will share how very proud I am of Alexa.  I homeschooled her for four years (K-3).  During those years we accomplished much.  I am very proud of what we both achieved during our time together.  We sent her to public school in the fourth grade and felt our world changing dramatically.  Her school experience has been a positive one.  And for that I'm grateful.  Alexa has been a honor roll student since entering and has been able to maintain that while taking on other adventures.  Two of those being soccer and drama.

Alexa at her Honors Banquet





Alexa as Snow White in her school production:





In all honesty, I'm looking forward to the adventures that high school will bring.  That said, many prayers will be in order!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment