This video is just to set the mood for this post. Thought it would be fun to listen to some background music as I travel down memory lane! You should be able to play the video without leaving my page.
I was sitting on my porch this morning with my kindle and my breakfast. I enjoy listening to music on Pandora. Most of the time I listen to George Winston (piano) or Jesse Cook (Spanish guitar) to set a relaxing mood. But this morning I opted for Al Green. It got me thinking about my parents. The only reason I even know who Al Green is, is because of my parents. My parents are divorced now and have been for about twenty years. But there was a time when they were very much in love. There was a time that I had the privilege of growing up with them. My parents were very young when I was born. They were eighteen years old. So we sort of grew up together.
Many times Steve will enter the house while I'm cleaning and he will say something like, "Thinking about your parents again?" I smile at him knowing that my secret is no longer a secret. When my Al Green station is on, everyone knows, I'm going back. Going way back to a time that I think fondly of. We had our struggles as a family. Many of them. But the journey of Becoming Me goes way back to those early years. A lot of times we forget where God first made his existence known to us. Sometimes it's good to go back and remember.
My girls love hearing my childhood memories. I always attempt to write them down, but never get very far. This blog might be a good start in sharing some of them. My hope is to get all my blog posts into a book for them (I believe Blogger has that option; I need to look into it). So here is a snippet to Becoming Me: The Younger Years-- dedicated to my daughters
Many years ago, a young boy named Clyde Jose met a beautiful young girl named Linda Kay in junior high. They became friends and soon took a strong liking to one another.
Linda Kay --Senior Picture
I don't know the details of their young love, but I know they spent a lot of time together when they could. I was told that my mom's mom, my grandma, didn't care too much for my dad and the time they spent together. I have a funny feeling that my dad's parents felt the same way. But you know how love can be, it can conquer many things and one of those things is separation. My parents always found a way to spend time together.
Eventually my mom became pregnant with me. This is where my life began. My life with these young kids.
Although my parents had their share of make-ups and break-ups, God had a plan for them. Not just for them, but for me as well. This is where my journey would begin. This is the beginning to Becoming Me.












No comments:
Post a Comment