Monday, August 26, 2013

A Similar, But New Endeavor

If you are visiting here, chances are you linked up through Facebook.  Which means you must be a dear Facebook friend.  That said, you probably know that I took on a Facebook "fast," so to speak. 

I was sitting out on the porch the other day (I promise I do other things besides porch sitting). I was reading Donna Partow's, Becoming the Woman God Wants Me To Be (A Proverbs 31, 90 day challenge.)  I say this often, 'obviously I'm not the woman God wants me to be, quite yet'.  After all, this is like my third or fourth time delving into the book!!  I don't mind.  Great things always happen when I read it, even greater things when I actually apply it!  Which comes to what I've been up to this week.

Let me get back to the porch.  I was sitting there, by my burning bush, and a thought came to me. Let's do this 90 day challenge again! Which I plan on doing.  What I didn't plan on doing, was giving up Facebook (I almost decided on 90 days without it, until I thought better of it.  Instead, one Facebook day a week!).  You see,  I have become a Facebook addict, lately.  I think it might be because it really is a wonderful way to connect with others and observe how other people do life!  I enjoy it! And when your phone jingles with those notifications, you sometimes just can't help but view them!!  To be honest, this is my first day without it and I haven't missed it!  Let's see how I feel by midweek.

Yesterday, a thought began to brew.  I enjoy writing and sharing my thoughts and revelations on my Christianity.  Blogging allows me to do that.  It is sort of my ministry (which is a whole other story for another post).  I would love to go public with my blog.  I don't mean public, like you all, my Facebook friends.  I know who you are (not specifically, I just know anyone who reads here is linked through Facebook) and feel quite comfortable with you all taking a peek here.  I'm talking about OTHER PEOPLE.  People I don't know.  I've wanted to blog publicly but I've shied away from it, because it could be risky sharing too much of our life with strangers (I need to pray about how much should be shared).  So this thought came to me: Start an entirely new blog for the outside world!!! One that is strictly for the purpose of sharing my love for Christ! Not too much family business and none to very little photos.

My Facebook friends will be able to link up to it here on my personal blog, upper right-hand sidebar (or it can be added to favorites).  I hope to blog several times a week, but I won't be posting each blog on Facebook. So check up on me from time to time.    

So here is a peek at what I have so far: Porching with the KING

No comments:

Post a Comment