Monday, September 2, 2013

Keeping It Tidy

I will be the first to admit that housekeeping isn't really my most favorite thing to do.  My least favorite, has to be laundry (shoot! Speaking of, I just remembered I have a load waiting for the dryer!!) I always do that!! Funny how writing this post reminded me about my laundry.  I've been trying to keep myself motivated to keep things around here organized.  And this past week, I found a plan that seems to be working.  So here is what I have come up with.

Monday-Laundry (Yay!), dust and vacuum upstairs

Tuesday-Kitchen and prepare grocery list (pretty much getting the pantry and refrigerator ready for
               groceries).  Also, trash day is Wednesday, so I will be able to get garbage out
               (You know, those leftovers that everyone said they would eat, and no one actually did?)

Wednesday-Grocery shopping (If I follow the above, my kitchen will already be orderly)

Thursday-Bathrooms, dust, vacuum and Swifer downstairs

Friday-Laundry (linens and anything else that may be needed for the weekend, ie. soccer uniforms)

Saturday-Make sure the girls, if they haven't already, have their room clean.

We will see if I need to switch things around, but as for now, this seems to make the most sense.  How do you schedule your housekeeping? 

No comments:

Post a Comment