It's time to let it all out...well, not all of it, but a good portion of it. What am I speaking of?? Discoveries. Uggggh! Why am I torturing myself by writing this?? Maybe it's because there are a couple of you who get exactly what I'm going through. Let me start by sharing a reoccurring dream. A dream that has "haunted" me a few times a year. It always goes like this:
I'm going house shopping with my hubby. For some reason, we are in the market to buy a new home and we are anxiously looking for a bigger house. Each house that we pull up to is grand. Sometimes it is in the hills all by itself. Sometimes it's sitting next to many other grand homes. We walk up to the house, amazed that we can afford such a thing....until we open the door. This grand house is in much need of repairs. The rooms are all very spacious and connect to other rooms that connect to other rooms. Like a maze, we tour the hallways and find ourselves astonished by the disrepair. How could a beautiful house on the outside, be so battered and worn down in the inside?? We continue walking through the house knowing that there is great potential in this home. It will take some work and a bit of creativity, but this house could be spectacular!! There is hope! Then I wake up and wonder why I continue to have this dream about houses. Are you there yet? Do you get where I'm going with this?
Many, many and I do mean mannnnny years later, it was finally revealed to me (oh, thank you, Jesus). That "grand" house that is in need of much repair.....is Me. Finally, I get it. Now before I go on with my revelation, let me clarify, my outside appearance is far from grand. lol!! But maybe the good Lord thinks it's grand, after all, it is made in His image.;) My insides, though, are in need of much repair. It's true. Is that not an analogy or what?? Looks fine and all put together on the outside, but Lord help us, the inside is just a whole lot of Yuck!
It's time to do some home improvement. I shared the following verse before: "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come." 2 Cor. 5:17 This is where I want to be. I want to be a New Creation. A new house, all the old, gone and never to be seen again. It's gonna take some time, but eventually it will be spectacular!
Can I share one more thing? A few weeks ago, I dreamt about a house. It was a gorgeous house and yes, it was grand. The inside was beyond beautiful. The rooms were airy, bright and decorated better than any I have seen! Am I there yet? No. But I believe that God used the dream of the beautiful house to say, "When I'm done with you, you will see what I always intended. Beauty on the outside to match the beauty on the inside."
There's a lot to be done here, friends. It will all be worth it!! Does your house need some home improvements? Let's work on it together. ;)
Peace and Many Beautiful Rooms
OOOOO how I know what you are saying. ( Me my Yard - btw there is green grass on my yucky part of the yard - yahoo!!)
ReplyDeleteIf you are a reader. 1st let me disclaim - always take the Bible
1st!!! however, I read this most horribly painful yet beautiful timely book.
Downpour - BY James MacDonald.
He is one of my pulpit boyfriends - I love this mans teachings. I've read the book listened to the cd's and now want to re-read the book with the workbook. It's a dig it all out kind of book to ready yourself for the downpour of the Holy Spirit.
Sounds like you are in this season with our Jesus.
God bless and always remember...
keep chasing righteousness!!