Last week, my adorable mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. It (cancer) has reared its ugly head and has shown itself. I've been waiting for this intrusive and menacing disease to touch my family. I hoped and prayed that I would never have to face this beast. But it has arrived. I knew it was coming. It had to. Before I continue, I should share that other family members (on my husband's side) have had to endure breast cancer and other types of cancer as well. That said, I've been going about my day to day always wondering. Wondering when. To date, I know six women whom have been diagnosed. Some of them have had extensive surgery to be rid of the poison and others are still fighting.
I am always reminded of this type of cancer by all the pink ribbons and other items that scream out, "this is here. this does indeed exist. you can't pretend you don't know about it." I tried to "ignore" all the pink, in hopes that it would never come. But deep down, I suspected it was on its way.
What are we doing? What is causing it? Is it the plastics? Is it the artificial sweeteners? Is it the chemicals and preservatives in our food? Is it all of these and many other things as well? I wish we were told the truth. Why aren't they telling us? Why does it always have to be about money? Someone knows, but they are quiet. How do they sleep at night? How can they go about their daily lives with full knowledge about the causes, and yet stay silent? I wish I knew. I wish we all knew.
Even though we are on standby and waiting for treatment, we are hopeful. Thankfully this little beast was detected in its early stages. With prayer and proper treatment, we are hopeful.
This truth remains, it is here. With this knowledge, I will make better choices for myself as well as my family. I hope you do too.
My prayers for you mother, are many...

I hate the lies too!!! I hate the disease, it has took the bestest friend ever in my life 2 years ago. May your momma fight this with the strength and wisdom from our Creator and may you all walk this journey bathed in the peace of our Savior. Sorry for your news - now let it be His story and watch something beautiful come from it.
ReplyDelete'Our God is Greater'....'Our God'..
I found your blog through a friends. I've been very interested in adoption. I've loved your adoption story. So real. So inspiring. Your daughters are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThis post touched me. I'm 33 and was diagnosed with breast cancer 7 years ago. I had no family history. Nothing. I was diagnosed while I was pregnant with my youngest. I had mastectomies, chemo, hysterectomy. The works. It's been 7 years, and I'm cancer free. Please know I'm praying for your Mom.
Meredith
mericobb@yahoo.com
Meridith, glad you stopped by here and offered words of encouragement. To hear about others and their struggle with cancer really does offer some hope and encouragement. My mom is recovery very well and has been in the best spirits. Thank you for your prayers. I will be thinking of you as you persue your adoption. I will be following your story.
ReplyDelete