These past several months have come with many discoveries. I am somewhat overwhelmed by how much has been revealed to me. I hope to cover each and every one. Today's Discovery is: LIFE IS HARD.
I have discovered that even though I sometimes think my life is hard, I'm quickly reminded that others have it harder. If I had permission I would post photos of so many families I have read about with six or more children. If you want to talk about hard, you might not want to talk to me. Families with children with special needs (that is hard). Families who have experienced the death of a child (that is hard). Families, broken from alcoholism or loss of a job (also hard). Couples whom may never parent through natural conception (hard). Families who have been touched by cancer or the countless other illnesses (very hard). Life comes with its many hardships. There's just not enough time or space to list all of them.
Let me tell you what is hard in my home. It is hard for me to be patient with my pre-teen when she rolls her eyes and snaps at anyone within two feet at any given moment. It is hard for me to keep my house orderly with all the distractions I allow. It is hard for me to always be available for my youngest who is always ready to play this or that. It is hard for me to motivate myself to cook a yummy and nutritious meal. It is hard for me to keep weight off my aging body (waaay hard). It is hard to hold my tongue when my husband annoys me because he has a different perspective than my own (so very hard). You might be smiling by now or throwing up. My life is NOT hard. I am humbled by the life of many others.
Today's second Discovery is: I AM SELFISH. I am blessed beyond imagine and I always seem to find something to cry about. I mean really, give me a break!!!!!
I will cover more about this topic in the days to come. There is so much running through my mind, but I fear I will overwhelm you until I have it all sorted out and organized. I can't wait to share.
Come back if you want to see firsthand what Christ can do to a willing mind.
Tina....I can TOTALLY relate. I have been really facing my own selfishness lately. It is not pretty.
ReplyDeletecan i just scream
ReplyDeleteDITTO!!!!!