After the movie, it was time to dress up! Oh how excited Alayah was. She had been waiting months to wear her Easter dress (a hand-me-down from big sis). You see, Alayah has many dresses (remember my last post about having too much), anyway, when the stores started displaying the racks with beautiful dresses, I remembered Alexa's dress from eight years ago. Out of curiosity I tried it on Alayah to see if it would fit. It did! So I thought, 'Omg (I say that waaay too much), Alayah can wear this for Easter!" After thinking about it a while, I thought maybe she would want her own dress. But no dress could compare. She wanted her sister's yellow dress. The dress was in pristine condition...I mean, why wouldn't it be, it was worn once!
She beamed and walked around the house like a sweet princess. Her first admirer was daddy. She beamed some more when daddy gushed over her. She wouldn't sit down because she didn't want to mess up her "outfit." She referred to the whole "get up" as her Easter outfit. I'm sure I said it several times earlier. It wasn't just a dress, but an outfit.
When we returned home from church, we told the girls to look for their Easter basket. Alexa found her Easter bag quickly. Alayah was still confused. She was looking under books and magazines. She walked around the house saying, "Where's my instrument basket?" When she finally found it, she squealed and giggled with surprise. She surely had no idea that this day meant a basket of goodies. The girls rummaged through the synthetic grass to find their treasures.
Later that day, after lots of good food, we went for a walk and enjoyed watching the girls roll around in the grass screaming like girls do. The soccer ball was kicked to and fro with daddy while the dog and I sat on the porch taking it all in. This is how it was...our first Easter together. I thought sadly, 'This day will never be duplicated. Alexa is growing so fast and will one day stop cartwheeling and rolling in the grass.' I pushed back the thought and held on to the present time, the gift God so generously gave us this day, "new life" as a family of four.
It truly was the perfect Easter, we all thought so.
No comments:
Post a Comment