The weather has been both wet and sunny. This time of year brings mixed emotions. I absolutely love the birds' song each morning and the warmth of the sun. However, with spring, comes wild and wicked storms here in the Midwest. After hearing about numerous tornadoes down south I have begun to dread what awaits us. I really don't like living in fear and of course I try to be as optimistic about life and its surprises. But even so, I have updated my emergency kit. Thank goodness I did! Alexa's emergency clothes were size 4!!! Oops. Alayah couldn't even fit into them. She's a 5/6. So out with the old and in with the "new." It appears I still have a long way to go to get this kit worthy of being labeled "emergency kit." But anyway, that's what's been going on with me. Trying to get things organized and still doing my morning run.
About my morning run. I still haven't progressed in distance. I've been keeping it steady at a one mile jog. I guess it takes more motivation than I've been able to muster to go further. I think I'm going to have to push through and reach 1.25 next week. Part of it is self-sabotage. I keep telling myself, "You're too old to be a runner. What are you doing and what are you trying to prove?" So I keep talking myself out of hard work...the story of my life (well in this area, anyway). I'll let you know how next week goes!
Blessings
get yourself a running buddie - we need the motivation for sure. Look at the couch to 5k it really is brilliant and if it has (which it has) made me into a 5k runner then ANYONE can do it. it is insane for me to think I am running a 5k at 37 min.
ReplyDeleteBesides I was told running later in life is better because youdont have all those old injuries to flare up from years of running....now is this true I HAVE NO IDEA...but i like the thought of it.
move here we could run together.