Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Early Morning Prayer Walk

I did something soooo crazy!!  I woke up at 5:40 AM, threw on my track pants and my walking shoes and went for a walk before my hubby went to work.  IT WAS GLORIOUS!!  And so very worth waking so early.   I really do enjoy getting outside, especially in the morning.  It's just not as hot and very little is happening when it's early.  But the earliest I get out is around seven in the morning on a weekend. 

Recently I've been reading a lot about women making time for their Prayer Walk.  Well for years I would go for my walks and pray.  I just never realized it was called a "Prayer Walk."  Well I've been doing a lot of running on my treadmill in the morning and biking around my neighborhood in the evening.  I'm supposed to be "training" for a 5k that will be taking place in September/October.  Seeing how I still have some time and need a bit of a change, I opted to fitting in some walking outdoors. 

My husband was surprised to see me up so early.  At first he thought I was Alayah knocking on the bathroom door.  He opened the door, eyes focused on the lower half of my body (Alayah is out of bed early most mornings).  When he saw that it was me, he looked a bit bewildered.  I told him what I was up to and started out the front door.

It was exactly what I needed.  The morning air was crisp.  The sky was bluer than blue with white puffs floating ever so delicately.  It was me, the birds and a few squirrels bounding the earth.  GLORIOUS!!  I can't wait for tomorrow.  With my luck though, tomorrow will be humid.  No matter, a Prayer Walk is refreshing whatever the weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment