Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fruits of the Spirit

I've been working on Me for some time now. If you knew my age, you would know that it's about time! lol! Do you ever feel that you could be soooo much better than you are? Does that question even make sense? I go days feeling very "ungodly" sometimes. Like when I snap at my teenage daughter with a bit of sarcasm and venom. I later think, "that was so unnecessary." Or when I know my husband has been working so hard out in the yard and instead of taking out the trash for him, I refuse, because it's "his job." Or how about grabbing a few more cookies, even though I already had three!!


Fruit of the Spirit!!! Friends, God has called me to pay attention to my fruit. Some days, I'm just plain fruitless. God knows I could do so much better. If I'm blind to my fruitlessness, I will never get to experience the best Me and neither will my family. And with all honesty, I couldn't bare for my loved ones to not know me at my best!

I hope you will join me as I look at the nine fruits of the Spirit.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." Galations 5:22

The first one I will be discussing is self-control. If you notice, self-control is the last one in this list of nine. But I think it is hard, very hard, to practice the other eight without not first "mastering" self-control.

I'm working on my Self-Control post and will post it in little bits as soon as it's done.

God Bless and Produce Much Fruit!!!

1 comment:

  1. A couple of years ago, I did a Bible study with a group of girl friends....it was by Beth Moore on the Fruit of the Spirit. To date, it's the most life changing study I've ever participated in. I should probably do it over again. :) By the way, exciting that you are going to homeschool Alayah! I can't believe I only have one full year left with the girls before they are off to the big old public school!!! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete