Thursday, June 23, 2011

A House And It's Porch

I've been home for ten years.  I have not always enjoyed it and at times even struggled with my role as a stay-at-home mom.  But recently God has made it very clear that THIS IS my job.  I shared some of my struggles through my Adoption Journey

God has been patient with me and I have been slowly embracing my responsibilities with contentment.  I found that the more I think about the faith God has in me to raise these precious girls and run this household efficiently keeps me motivated.  And I have been MOTIVATED.

Let me begin with, I LOVE MY FAMILY.  And because I love my family, I LOVE MY HOME.  I think I will start with that.


 I LOVE MY HOME...My home is a modest multi-level, three bedroom house somewhere in Illinois.  Let me share that it was the first house our realtor showed us and we made an offer that day!  To me the house was cute, not my dream house (I'll talk about that later), but cute and big enough for our little family of three.  I guess the selling point for me was it had a front porch (a must for my family), a kitchen with more cabinet space than I could fill and a master bedroom that would fit our furniture comfortably.  I WAS SOLD! Oh yeah, and the fact that we had been living in an apartment for nine months after leaving California was a big part in snatching it up. 


My porch is a back drop to many pictures.  The first photo was taken from my porch.















So my dreamhouse MUST HAVE A PORCH!  And right now my dreamhouse is a farmhouse.  Boy, do I have so much to tell you.  And no, I'm not getting that dreamhouse any time soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment