Wednesday, July 3, 2013

My Corner

Do you have a corner? Or a space? A quiet spot? Is it inside or outside? I have mentioned so many times that my most favorite spot is a small corner of real estate on my porch.  When the weather is nice, I can be found contemplating life in my corner.  When it's bitter cold, I sit in a corner on my loveseat with a candle burning nearby.  To be honest though, no place can beat my porch corner.  It's nothing fancy, really. It could use some more dressing up. For one, my flowerbed could use some more flowers.  Right now it can be called a mulch bed.  With no help from me, a few flowers have survived.








If you don't have a quiet spot, you really should think about finding one. It could be anywhere! Maybe you have a balcony that doesn't get used all that much. With a few potted plants, a comfy chair and small table, you could have your own little oasis. And trust me, you won't regret it! If you don't have a space where you live, find a park, river, or lake! Scope out a secluded area, throw down a blanket and enjoy a bit of quiet time. Here are a few photos of my corner:



My porch has evolved over the years.  I remember feeling real exposed at one time. I told my husband that I would love to put up some sort of shade screen that would give me more privacy from my neighbor. I wasn't too worried about the north side of my house since my garage offered a great wall of privacy.  Years passed and we never put up a shade screen.

Thankfully, our burning bush took on a life of its own and grew enormously! And viola, a wall! I mentioned it before in another post how awesome it is that my conversations with God take place right next to my burning bush! Talk about symbolism. That realization came to me just a few days ago!



If it is cool enough out, I throw up my window and listen to music on Pandora. On this day, it was Michael Buble.  Generally, I like to listen to George Winston or Jesse Cook.  If it's too warm to keep the window open, I take my kindle out with me. And my books. And my phone. And my drink. Once I'm all settled, great things happen. Relaxation for one. Who doesn't enjoy a little RandR? 


A great novel can be enjoyed while soft music plays and birds sing in the background. Prayers can be sent. Revelations can be heard. Tension can be lost. Peace can be found. Even if just for a minute.

My corner is a gift to me. I have believed that for years. It's a gift from God. He knows me well. He knows my heart and knows what puts a smile on my face.  He understands that this mama needs a getaway that is only a few feet away. This summer has been unusually cool and I have been able to spend a lot more time in my corner.  Sometimes, I think He does it just for me. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment