So back to our room changes. When Alexa was about seven, this is what her room looked like.
Nothing jaw dropping, but definitely PINK.
When Alexa was in sixth grade, it was time to change it up again. Not only did we change colors, but we also changed rooms. We wanted a more tweeny look and so evolved this:
Now that we are beyond the tween age and now a sophomore in high school, Alexa's room went under another transformation. I was in no way wanting to paint again. Why? Because I know we are not done with room changes. College, sadly, is only a few years away and we will most certainly be ready for new paint by then. So we just kept what we had and made some changes by adding the colors black and white. What I liked about this transformation is that it cost very little and yet really made a big girl statement!
The bedspread is a cheap Walmart one that Alexa bought with her own money. It worked well and only cost her $40!
The green cinema wall happened by accident. We were at Hobby Lobby and found the cinema plaque (Alexa is a big fan of acting). Next to the plaque was a black and white picture of Elvis. It got the wheels turning and we decided to make a wall with some of her favorite actors/actresses. I then made the executive decision to put a print of my budding actress up on the wall as well (top left).
The shot below is a picture of Alexa's "vanity wall." This is where she gets ready for the day. A definite must for a teenage girl.
Alexa is not a big fan of having pictures of herself up on her walls, unless they are with her friends. But I loved these shots I had of her being silly and at the same time, beautiful. I thought they defined the quote very well!!
Being a fan of photography, we had a bit of fun taking black and white shots of Alexa's feet. Each one is a perfect representation of her style. I think it came out so cute!
Below is a small wall that we thought would be a great place to create a "drama" wall. On this little wall we hung up memorabilia from plays that she has been involved in or has gone to see.
Another wall we HAD to make was a soccer wall. We couldn't complete her room without this representation of her life!
So these were the little changes we made to her room. It was easy and very cheap! I know the day is coming when she is off to college and this space will go under another transformation. Something more grown up. But until that time comes, I will revel in this space and enjoy the life of a special teenage girl. :)







No comments:
Post a Comment