Friday, March 25, 2011

Fit For Life

I should let you know that I'm still working out.  I did have about four days where I COULD NOT get motivated and found many things to do other than workout.  I finally decided I would just change things up a little.  Instead of working two body parts a day.  I decided to work one so that more concentration was involved and I wasn't trying to rush through it to get to the other body part.  That has been working tremendously.  I'm feeling comfortably sore each day and not just going through the motions.  I've been jogging one mile straight every other day.  On alternating days, I just walk (briskly) while listening to music, mainly Christian, while I pray for all those in need in prayer.  It has been a great way to focus on prayer needs.

Next week I plan on posting about the Hearts At Home conference I went to a couple of weeks ago.  So many helpful nuggets to share about home management, marriage, friendships and self-image.  I will share more about those topics later.

Have a blessed weekend!

2 comments:

  1. girl im in the thick of it as well. Just completed week 5 of "couch to 5k" I can't believe I was able to job for 20min straight. and just 5 weeks back i thought i would die when running 90 seconds straight.
    Keep going - and Im jealous that you can pray while jogging - I can't do that yet - I'm so focused on breathing correctly. If I could pray it would go so much easier I'm sure.
    Can't wait to hear about the conference and the nuggets you took away from it. Hurry and share!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I know what you mean about the breathing. Honestly, I don't pray while running, just during the walking part. lol!

    I'm working on the Hearts At Home stuff. SO MUCH GOOD INFO.

    ReplyDelete