I feel like I need to catch up on what's been keeping me from posting. (This post is a lot to read. If you can't finish it, please come back later. I don't know about you, but I love to hear how God moves).
First of all, my workouts are going extremely well. Except for Tues. We had a nice day on Tuesday and I thought it would be nice to get out and go for a walk with Alayah. We enjoyed our walk and also stopped at the nearby playground for a while. I got home feeling guilty because it was hardly a workout. So I decided I would at least do some strength training. Long story short, I hurt my lower back. It may sound funny, but at the time I was really bummed thinking how this was going to set me back. It was bad enough that all I did was walk around the block. Damn, I hate getting old! The good news is that by eight o'clock that evening, I was feeling perfect. So Wednesday came and I tore it up on that treadmill. It felt great! I will talk more about how I've been feeling later.
I so don't want this to be a long winded post (but it is). I confess that I don't always enjoy reading a post when it is too long. I want to share something and darn it, I don't want to lose you with all these dang words. God is stirring something amazing in me and I really want to share.
The bummer part is that I can't share the most important detail because what I feel the Lord calling me to do needs to be done anonymously. So I will share what I can.
I've been feeling a nudge to do something for others that are in a dark place. You know, a place where hope seems to be a lost emotion. A form of slavery if you will. But I have also been making excuses to not follow through. Waiting for those signs, you know. Well the Lord has overwhelmed me with signs and has been preparing me to do something WAY out of my comfort zone.
I have been keeping this in prayer as I have participated in the 40 Days of Mountain Moving prayer which many of you know about through a recent email. If you don't know what I'm talking about you can read about it here
I'd like you to use me in any way (about this issue), God, but what can I do? I later read this.
Are you really calling me to do this, because truthfully, that is way out of my comfort zone? I then read this.
I think I still need to pray about this, because even though I have a plan set in place, what if I'm wrong? What if this is just me and not really God? So I decide I'm gonna stop sweeping (literally, I leave my pile on the floor) and I kneel at my couch to pray about this nudge. While praying this song comes on the radio (a song that I wouldn't have really paid attention to had I not put my broom down to pray). Listen to this song. Can you believe I heard this during my prayer!!! OMGosh, really, Lord. He's too perfect. How much I love Him.
Needless to say, I wept some happy tears mixed with some tears of weary. No more excues. I will not be dissauded any longer. Okay, Lord, I'm gonna do this thing you're asking me.
This morning's devotion was this
Do you think you hear God? Keep asking Him. He won't give up in pointing you to what He wants you to do for Him. Be His hands and feet.
Hands and Feet
so stinkin blessed to read what our Jesus is doing in your life - how blessed we are that He is relentless in pursueing us.
ReplyDeleteKeep praying and walking in the desires of your heart - you just might not recongnize yourself in 40days.
O BUT HE WILL!!!!
Susan, I'm really excited about what God is about to do. I can't wait to share. SOMETHING will take place during the 40 day challenge that will let me know God is working. SOOO Excited!
ReplyDelete