In my last post I shared my frustration about teen media, recently books. In my frustration I surfed the web looking for books worth reading. I continued viewing secular sites and found more and more books about mediums and spirits and things of that nature. If it wasn't dark and grim, it was very graphic with sexual situations. FINALLY, an idea came to me...why not check out Christian publishers. I know, it takes me a while.:( Once I looked at a variety of publishers like Bethany and Zandervon I made my way over to CBD, a website that I live at, no joke. I was OVERJOYED....So many BOOKS! Fantasy books, teen romance books, mystery books and so on and so on. Why didn't I think of it before?? Alexa sat at the computer and was just as excited about it as I was.
My plan is to see what my public library has on their shelves. Just in time for Spring Break!! I'm a happy Mama and all is good with the world again...well, my world. :)
If you have teens (or children, period) and want some great reads for your child, please check out CBD, you might be surprised at what you'll find.






i meant to tell you to look there - in fact i thought i had then realized i never posted that comment - so glad God guided you....here is a fun idea...do a book club with a few of her friends - make a big deal out of it with a big lunch at the end of the book. set them up a blog and allow them to post comments on the chapters - it can be a private blog that only the bookclub members have access too....just a thought... they can post pix of themselves reading the books in funny places....I think you catch what i'm saying with all of this...just a fun way to make these books cool for her friends to read as well. I will shoot up a prayer for you with all of this.
ReplyDeleteLOVE, LOVE the blog idea!! We have done bookclubs during the summer and had lots of fun with it, but it was hard to coordinate meeting times once a month. I'm going to talk to her about it, she will no doubt be totally for it. Thanks for the idea!
ReplyDelete