Saturday, March 12, 2011

Referral Anniversary

We have reached our one year anniversay date of our referral.  Last year, on March 12, our world as we once knew it, was forever changed.  I remember clearly what that evening was like.  Alexa was getting ready for a St. Patrick's Day dance at school when we got a phone call from our agency.  If you don't remember, it went something like this;  "Hi Steve and Tina, I'm calling to let you know that your dossier has been received and reviewed."  Steve and I were excited because we knew that meant we would be put on a waiting list (we were getting soooo close to our little girl).  Julie continued, "I aslo wanted to let you know that we have a little girl we think is a great match for your family."  Steve and I looked at each other and it seemed as if our insides were about to come out.  So many things ran through our mind.  One was, what is wrong with this child that they are in such a hurry to give her to us (I know, terrible thought, but complete honesty here)? Our second thought was, how are we going to come up with the thousands of dollars they will need now ( we thought we might have three to five months to save some more money)? 

As we paced back and forth asking hundreds of questions I remember God whispering days before to trust Him. I wish I could say that a sudden calmness came over me, but that would not be honest.  I was not too far from a massive panic attack (just thinking about it is giving me some anxiety).  We were told that we would receive some pictures along with her medical records and other attached information.  This is horrible, but we were so afraid at what we would see.  I really thought something must be wrong with her.  We didn't open the photos yet, remember I was having a panic attack.  I sent Steve to take Alexa to the dance and I just paced and prayed.  I was tempted to open the photos while he was gone but I promised I wouldn't.  Could you believe we waited so long to open those photos???!!!  When he returned we sat at the computer and I just shook with uncertainty.  I was preparing myself to deny the referral.  I wasn't going to become attached, there must be something wrong.  We finally clicked on the attached photos and saw this:


There she was.  The cutest little girl EVER!  Here is the post I wrote on March 12th last year.

1 comment:

  1. I love that story one of a mountain moving for sure... Looks like you are up for your yearly mountian moving experience - keep praying tina our God is working.

    ReplyDelete