HOLD FAST, GOD'S TIMING AND THE WORD "RESCUE"
Well tickets will be purchased very soon. This post will be quite lengthy because as you can imagine I have so much to do and I think I need to get busy with other things. But before I go on hiatus I wanted to share a few things.
When we submitted our dossier with the required fee we thought, "Now, we wait." As many of you know, we didn't wait very long. The day our dossier was reviewed we got our referral call. There was no anticipation, no e-mail stalking, no nail-biting...there was no time for any of that. Upon acceptance of our referral, there was (no surprise), another fee. Court was finalized and travel dates were given which meant the purchase of tickets. A lot of money all at once. Why is she talking about this again? It's part of the journey. The morning we felt God calling us to step out of our comfortable family of three, we were giddy and fancy free. Little did we know what trials we would be facing along the way.
Let's talk about God's timing. We know logically that God's timing is perfect, right Lynn?:) But when things seem humanly impossible, God's timing is no doubt questioned. For some reason God wanted this to move quickly. I have some guesses as to why this took off at warp speed. Remember there was the possibility of two trips. Well we somehow made it before that new rule went into effect. If we had a wait time of five months before a referral, we may have been a two trip family. That saved us potentially $5,000. That is my first guess. Now on to guess number two. Our travel agent told us that flight prices would increase considerably in the summer. We will be purchasing our tickets before this increase. Guess three...We were told that Derartu had some cavities. Maybe she has been in some pain and needs some dental work to alleviate the pain. Guess four...Maybe it is time to start the bonding process now before school starts and things get hectic again. I don't truly know why God moved this along so quickly. Maybe it will be revealed later. What I do know is we would not have been able to come this far without the financial and emotional support that we have received from family and friends. Many things are humanly impossible. With being a one income family, $25,000+ in six months is humanly impossible. Well for us it was. But by God's grace and the generosity of many, this last leg of the race is coming to completion. God's timing is perfect, even when I don't think so.
Now to the word "rescue."
Another godly woman e-mailed me and encouraged me with her words. She wrote, "I have noticed that God likes to wait for the last second to remove any doubt that the "rescue" you receive comes from Him and not from your own resources." Thank you Laurie for that. Later that same day I viewed the video that I posted last and heard this couple talk about "rescuing" their child from Ethiopia and how it was similar to how God "rescues" us (PLEASE VIEW THE VIDEO BELOW). Even later that day, I randomly opened my Bible and read the first highlighted section I saw and it read, "He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me." Psalms 18:19. If Laurie hadn't put quotes around the word rescue, it may have not grabbed my attention. But she did, and I couldn't help but meditate on that word. God does indeed "rescue." And to my family and friends, you too have been a big help in the rescuing.
Hold Fast help is on the way...Hold Fast He's come to save the day...
Godspeed to Africa....Godspeed, indeed!!
No comments:
Post a Comment