THANKING YOU ALL!!
It's been a few days and I thought I shouldn't keep you hanging any longer. We were able to reach our fundraising goal! It is amazing how a little bit here and there and everywhere adds up!! We are touched and in awe by the generosity of so many people. We thank you all for investing in this HUGE milestone for the Rain Family.
We are leaving very soon. Our luggage are just about packed full, that is how soon we will be leaving! I can't believe we made it this far. This is it. We are going to bring our daughter home and so many of you were a part of that. I don't know how that makes you feel, for me, it is still humbling. But I must say, I will never look at this last leg and think about us doing it all on our own. I will forever think of everyone of you who unselfishly contributed to our cause.
Steve and I, as you know, panicked when we heard how soon we would be traveling. We prayed that God would make a way. God had to first break us from our pride and He used others to do it. He did make a way. It wasn't a good feeling. Maybe you have been in our shoes at one time or another. You know, refusing to ask for help. We really wanted to do this all on our own. But what lesson would be learned if we had? You helped us in order for us to help her. We look forward to giving her all that we have been able to give Alexa: love, time, necessities and of course our Christian values. It won't be easy, but we won't go it alone. Our faith will see us through every setback and challenge. This adoption journey has shown us how God never fails, even when we do. The "why's" are always lurking, but thankfully Someone has all the answers.
We are also thankful for all the prayers that were said on our behalf. What joy to know many of you went to the Father with requests for us. Thank you so much. As we get ready to fly off to Ethiopia, we ask that you continue with prayers. Pray for our safety as we enter Addis Ababa at a potentially stressful time of year. Prayers for peace when anxiety takes hold. Prayers for Alexa's peace and safety. Prayers for Derartu's peace and comfort.
The next time I post, it will be with many photos of our dear Derartu!
Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment