Monday, May 10, 2010

Still no definite travel dates, but I'm thinking we will get a call this week. I'm starting to get excited. Let me correct that, I'm allowing myself to get excited! I can't believe that we are this close to flying out. Last night before bed, Steve and I were talking about how surreal this all was. I said, "Isn't it strange going from, 'I wish I could adopt a child who needs a family' to 'Is this really happening? Did we really adopt?' I wish I could explain it better. This morning Steve said, "I think it's crazy that there is a little girl across the globe with my last name. I'm her dad." We sat there sipping our coffee letting it all sink in. I could imagine her there with her friends around the table eating breakfast (being silly like most children her age) having no clue that she has a family who are thinking of her and preparing for her.

I am starting to collect things for her that will hopefully keep her entertained on our flight. Sticker books, play dough, coloring book and crayons, magna doodle, DVD player and books to name a few. If you have some ideas, drop me an e-mail. We bought her first pair of PJs which I will take a picture of later. So many things going on in the Rain family.

Some of you may be wondering how the fundraiser is going. We checked the status of the fundraiser on Friday and saw that we raised $100. We still have a long way to go. We have had several calls and e-mails from family and friends who are eager to donate. We will check the status mid-week and give an update.

Steve has the day off today. It looks like we are going to go for a walk down by the canal and most likely talk about our coming adventure. We appreciate all continued thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment