I'm back...I feel bad about my last post. I was just so uncertain and freaked! I feel so much better. After a good cry and a better perspective I think I can take on the rest of the day. Steve came home and we said nothing about it. I didn't want to bring it up because I knew he would soon be on his way to soccer practice with Al. But we got a call from AGCI returning Steve's call. Things are pretty messed up and AGCI is running around crazy. It seems that there are many families in tears today.
Apparently the reason this new requirement came into play was because of other agencies who were accused of "foul play." You may have heard of the situation in Haiti about the missionaries who were taking children from their families and placing them up for adoption. It seems that a handful of Ethiopian girls have claimed that some adoption agencies were blackmailing them into sending their children to 'school' and then giving them to outside families for adoption. Corrupt! This is why they have now put the I 604 into place. Several other countries already follow this protocol to protect children who fortunately already have families.
We were told that we are required to appear before a judge to accept our referral so that we are in agreement that "the child" is in fact the right child. It is to protect the children and I'm all for that.
If I can share something, God was preparing us for this. Let me explain. Saturday I was reading a book about prayer and the phrase "trust me" jumped out at me. I thought, I am trusting you. The two sleepless nights I had, I read and kept coming across those words, "trust me." The next day at church two songs were sung, one was "Trust and Obey" and I don't remember the other one but it had the phrase "I will trust you." (Earlier this week I was searching for music for my playlist and remembered one of my favorite Christian artist, Crystal Lewis. I was searching her videos on Youtube and saw one titled, "Trust Me." I viewed the video and loved the words). Yesterday I read from The Kneeling Christian and I came across this short poem. It read,
"Prayer changes things- and yet how blind
And slow we are to taste and see
The blessedness that comes to those
Who trust in thee."
I told Steve that I kept coming across those words of trust. He said this morning when he was reading the Bible he read two subtitles that read Loving God Under Trials and Qualities Needed in Trials.
I told you that I've been journaling all these events. Well one thing I left out was a prayer that was prayed for us by a friend. She said, "I don't know why, but I feel like I need to pray for you about "red tape." I journaled what she said but never saw the "red tape" that she mentioned. As I've been blogging, that journal entry about red tape kept jumping out at me. I kept thinking, she must have been wrong or that "red tape" hasn't appeared yet because so far things are moving quite well. Well if this isn't "red tape" someone please tell me what it is. At this point, if you feel God is telling you to pray for "red tape," pray hard!!
All we can do now is Trust and Obey. Sounds easy enough, but being the mere humans that we are, it's not that easy. What will become of this? Will we be prepared for that trip? When can we love on our little girl? I must always keep the following words at the forefront of my mind, "If it is not in alignment with God's plan, it will have to comply." Although we feel a little better emotionally, we are still scratching our heads. Lets see where the next twist and turn takes us.
God Bless
No comments:
Post a Comment