Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Aleyah's First and Fourth Birthday!

Aleyah had an exciting day even though things were very simple. In a previous post I mentioned that I had ordered an American Girl doll. I have been waiting and hoping that it would come before her birthday. Today arrived and I still had no doll. I didn't panic. I knew that it would be special no matter when it came. I went on about my day with household chores and all that good stuff. I put Aleyah down for a nap and decided that I would do a little Bible reading and send up some prayers. Yes, I couldn't help it, I prayed for the doll to arrive before 6:00. Hey, if I can pray for a parking space or consecutive green lights, why not for the arrival of our beloved doll. After my prayer time I drifted off to sleep (house cleaning can get very tiring). I didn't sleep long, probably twenty minutes (a nice power nap). Anyways I went to the restroom (probably more info than you need to know) and then checked my email, hoping to find a shipping notice for the doll. Nothing. All the sudden I heard a thud at my front door followed by the ringing of my doorbell. I couldn't help but smile. It was here. And it came while our little princess slept. I was able to get it in the house and was even able to wrap it!!

Once Aleyah was awake and ready for the second half of the day, I got her dressed in her Ethiopian gown and took a ton of photos. The camera loves this girl! I think she loves the camera just as much. Anyways, thought I'd post the pics here.

And by the way, thank you God for making Aleyah's very first birthday a memorable one!














































What delight shown on her face to know that she has her very own AG doll. She could not wait to tear into that box. I told her that she would have to wait for Daddy and Alexa before she could open it. When she saw them pull into the driveway, she opened the front door for them, said hello, and ran to her box ripping paper away from it. We stopped her long enough to get the camera!















No comments:

Post a Comment