So I fasted yesterday. Normally fasting would be done in secret, but as you know this was a global fast. Trust me, it was global. I went over to Linny's blog and heard of women who fasted in other countries. So very cool. It was in some ways torture, you know... not being able to eat. But I must admit that I unveiled a lot about myself. HUGE things. It was liberating and a great start to the truth of who I am, where I'm going and what I should be doing for others. I woke this morning, feeling recharged. And trust me, yesterday was hard. So many things came at me from so many directions and I felt pretty beaten. Have you ever felt like that? Anyways, it is a new day and I feel revitalized. Although, I wanted to eat so bad, because you know how yummy food is, I went without for a full 24 hours. Let me share one thing about me and fasting. I don't do it often. I've done a four-day fast twice in my life. Some pretty scary stuff I was going through prompted me to get on my knees and stay there (so glad God rescued me from that nightmare). Anyways, yesterday was only a one day fast and it was hard, but I'm so glad that I did it. I not only prayed for the orphans and their waiting families but also for my own family. Obviously I pray for my family on a daily basis, but yesterday was a day devoted to prayer, so why not. There are many needs out there and one big God who can meet them all. Let's take our prayers and petitions to Him.
Blessings
No comments:
Post a Comment