Sunday, September 26, 2010

A NEW CREATION

It is Sunday and we didn't go to church...AGAIN. Since bringing Aleyah home, our church attendance has declined. We knew she was not ready for large groups upon arrival. There were so many "new" things for her to absorb. It is often suggested to limit large group settings until a healthy attachment is made. Unfortunately, that advice has kept us from attending church regularly. We have fallen into the habit of staying home and it is now hard to get ourselves back in the habit of church. One thing I have noticed though...is that during every church absence I have discovered many revelations about myself. It has been both amazing and very humbling.

One thing that I ALWAYS do when I miss church is, read my Bible and pray. I just feel less guilty if I spend at least thirty minutes to an hour pouring over Scripture before doing anything else. And each time, a new discovery is made. Sometimes, just sometimes, I wonder if God wanted me to stay home so that He could talk to me specifically. Now, don't get me wrong, God speaks to us individually at church as well. But I have to say that the Spirit has been stronger in speaking to me these past few Sundays. Thank you God for speaking to us no matter where we are.

I wish I could write about all my discoveries. Some, you may relate to and others, perhaps not. But I don't know that anyone really cares what my discoveries are. After all, we all have areas to work on. That said, I have decided to enable my automatic blog post email, because I don't want to bombard you with scripture and revelations. I do plan on keeping my blog active. I want to include weekly devotions, some scripture and any great nuggets of information I come across that I feel are worth sharing. I also plan on including more photos and updates of family living. With the upcoming holiday seasons, we will no doubt have many photos to share. You are warmly invited to stop over here at my blog. I promise to keep it short and sweet. LOL!

Before I go, I want to share that the following verse has found me on more than one occasion. One thing I have learned is that when I see a specific verse over and over and over...I can't help but think that God is trying to tell me something. It is not always easy, trust me.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"
2 Corinthians 5:17

It is time, after 3o something years:), to shed the old and unveil the new. It won't be easy. It will be a bumpy ride. With that, I'm reminded: Why should I accept defeat when the Bible says that God always leads me in triumph? ( 2 Corinthians 2:14)

Corn Fest pictures are coming as soon as I get them uploaded.

Blessings and Newness!

No comments:

Post a Comment