Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Fast For A Much Needed Cause

I wasn't planning on posting for a while (at least a week). But I wanted to share what's going on in this small world of adoption. Linny, a blog writer at A Place Called Simplicity has called anyone who wants to, to fast and pray for families who are in the midst of adoption facing enormous trials. I remember what it was like for us. I remember the uncertainty. I remember the many sleepless nights wondering where the funding would come from. Now at three months in, we continue to face many "small" challenges (normal stuff), and I can't help but feel drawn to pray HARD. The fast is for today. I plan to fast and pray for the "fatherless" and for my own children. These orphans are faced with challenges that no child should ever have to face. Satan hates families and he is all about destroying them. I will do my part in praying for "the family" in general. As a family we are strong. When our family is broken we are weak and a perfect target for the enemy. You may not feel the need to fast, but please consider praying for the many families who are at a standstill in their adoption process. If you can, please visit A Place Called Simplicity and read the linked blogs to hear about the many trials going on presently. My heart breaks when I hear their stories. But I'm quickly reminded that God has completed many adoptions, even our own. With Him, nothing is impossible!!


http://aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com/2010/09/why-does-it-have-to-be-so-hard-part-2.html

No comments:

Post a Comment