I knew exactly what I wanted to get....a box for my Memory Book and my treasured trinkets. Alexa and I headed out to Hobby Lobby since they never have a shortage on storage boxes. I have to say that I was pretty disappointed because I didn't see anything that fit my mental picture. I searched the whole store and finally settled on a large trunk that was marked 50% off. When I went to the check-out line they told me it was not 50% off. I contemplated paying the asking price, but didn't feel comfortable with it. I passed on it and decided to continue my hunt.
On the other hand, Alexa found a box she liked and decided to buy it for her treasures. A very good deal at $15. Good find Alexa.
I was really hoping to find something that night. If I didn't find anything, at least I had a nice
time with my silly daughter.
Our last stop was Home Goods. We searched high and low. I was feeling a bit disappointed. I had seen many storage boxes and was tempted to just settle on one. I was even thinking about going back to Hobby Lobby and paying the asking price for the storage trunk I had liked.
We had pretty much searched the entire store. We walked over to the furniture section still hoping to find something. There were many tables, chest of drawers and chairs but no storage boxes, until I turned around and spotted the perfecte trunk.
What made this find a "great find" was the fact that it was wide enough to fit my memory book and it was also a much better quality than the other trunk at Hobby Lobby. On top of that, it was about ten dollars cheaper!! With my birthday money in hand and an extra three bucks, I purchased my storage trunk. It cost me $3!!! Thank you Jesus for the little things.:) And thank you Luke and Laurie, your gift money was put to good use. This trunk will contain many treasures that will have very significant meaning.

No comments:
Post a Comment