I've been waiting for a while to share my Memory Book with you. In an earlier post I talked about collecting stones in a vase to represent every God encounter or answered prayer. I might have even posted a picture of my vase. If you never read that post, I will explain it briefly.


I have recently contacted several people whom helped in a big way with our fund raising and asked them to send me a family photo via email for my Memory Book. I'm so excited to get this project going so we will be able to look back at all the people and events that God used to bless us. When my children, grandchildren (or anyone for that matter), ask me what those stones are for, I will be able to pull out my Memory Book and relive every blessing. I'M SO EXCITED! If you have read my blog from it's conception, you know there are a lot of blessings. Because I won't be able to store precious trinkets in my scrapbook (like the very famous snowglobe that almost found itself in the garbage),

In 2008, Steve and I were doing the Experiencing God study with our small group. Blackaby talked about Spiritual Markers. He quoted Joshua 4:6-7 "In the future, when your children ask you, 'What do these stones mean?' tell them that the flow of the Jordan was cut off before the ark of the covenant of the Lord. When it crossed the Jordan, the waters of the Jordan were cut off. These stones are to be a memorial to the people of Israel forever." An altar of 12 stones was built at the river's edge to remember what God had done.
God impressed on me all the things He has done for us through our adoption and beyond. I started collecting stones for each miracle and placed them in a vase to remember God's love and work. The purple stone that looks like a heart (found in Alexa's collection of rocks) represents the day our referral was received and we first laid eyes on our Derartu. And so, that briefly explains my collection of rocks (I wasn't about to build an altar of stones in my yard, so this was a good alternative). 
Anyhoo, if you have been over to the blog A Place Called Simplicity, you know that Linny has started a Memorial Box Monday. If I were computer savvy I would send you to her blog, but I'm not, so you will have to find her link in my blog list at the right. Linny is collecting objects that represent answered prayers and is storing them in a curio box hanging on her wall. And although I love that idea, I didn't think it would work for me. BUT, that idea got me thinking about making a Memory Book. What I plan to do is collect photos for each stone I have in my vase. When anyone walks by my vase, I will have a photo of every blessing and a brief description of what the blessing was.
I have recently contacted several people whom helped in a big way with our fund raising and asked them to send me a family photo via email for my Memory Book. I'm so excited to get this project going so we will be able to look back at all the people and events that God used to bless us. When my children, grandchildren (or anyone for that matter), ask me what those stones are for, I will be able to pull out my Memory Book and relive every blessing. I'M SO EXCITED! If you have read my blog from it's conception, you know there are a lot of blessings. Because I won't be able to store precious trinkets in my scrapbook (like the very famous snowglobe that almost found itself in the garbage),
I would like to find a decorative box that will hold my lovely Memory Book and my trinkets. A sweet person whom adopted four children from Ethiopia, was blessed with a beautiful box that she plans to store her many blessings. You can see it if you click on Surrender, again, in my blog list.
I'm big on journaling God's many blessings. I have always loved to look back at my journal and remember. To look back and remember that God does hear. To remember that He is always working. I find it fitting that we finally laid eyes on Aleyah Derartu on Memorial Day! I will never forget....I will always remember....and this Memory Book will keep those memories going long after my days.
If you haven't already...you just might want to start a memory box or memory book of your own.
Always Remember,
No comments:
Post a Comment