Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Fit For Life

Day One

I said I would keep a progress report on my health and fitness. Not sure who is even interested or even cares whether I workout or not, but I thought it would be great accountability for me. I recently shared how my age and some family medical history has made me rethink this health and fitness thing. It wasn't long before a sweet blog friend, whom happens to be a relative of my husband's, commented on her recent running adventure. I mentioned I was a runner in my younger years. That said, running has always been my activity of choice, even in my thirties. But I have never ran any sort of race or marathon. I wasn't sure if there was anything like that in my area.

I'm happy to report that I did find out by a friend that there is in fact a "Couch to 5k" in my town, possibly two of them! I'm going to enter. I think it's the exact kind of motivation I need. I'm so excited!!.......Okay, I just paused there a minute.......What did I just say? Susan, I think I know what you meant when you talked about a sudden panic. That was strange. After announcing I was going to enter, I felt this overwhelming doom. Like, "okay, another empty goal for the record books." The enemy can be so persuasive sometimes. Friends, I need your help. Please don't be shy with your comments. I will need all the encouragement I can get.

Not sure when the 5k will be, but I'm hoping it will be before I turn 40 (Sep.). I would soooo like to accomplish this one thing for me. I'm always cheering on my daughter (and soon to be daughters), and my husband with all their activities. I really hope to accomplish this ONE thing for ME. I write that in caps to encourage myself to do it. It's just this one thing.

So my workout is done. Now I need to watch those calories very closely today.


Workout 2/15

Cardio: Walk/Jog-2.25 miles
Strength Training: Chest/Back; Core

GET FIT FOR LIFE WITH ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment