Monday, March 22, 2010

Good Morning,

I got out of bed this morning ready to write a bit. But not without my coffee. Yummy. I'm fighting a cold and so far it is still in the beginning stages. Steve is stuffed up as well. I usually get sick in January, but I've been diligent with my vitamin C. Unfortunately, as soon as I think I'm in the clear, I stop taking my vitamin and eventually get sick in March. So for the second year in a row March is my dreaded month. I wasn't going to share this next thing, but it is too funny not too. As I mentioned, I wanted to post today. I came downstairs, coffee in hand, and spotted Alexa's Snuggie. This really is a great invention!!!!!! hehehe! I'm embarrassed to admit it, but really, this thing is cool. I get to type while keeping warm! I just might have to get one for myself. I'd like to get one like Al's, it is pink and red with penguins on it! It is so cute! Once Alexa got a peek at me she started laughing!

We had a somewhat busy weekend. Friday was Alexa's second day of track. She is really loving it! This is her first school sport and she is taking it very seriously. Steve and I got a chance to watch a practice and we were very proud of her intense focus! That kid is a runner! We later asked her if she thought it was fun, and of course she thought so. We then rushed her off to tap. Saturday, she had her last indoor soccer game. (I think the eighteen game schedule really helped her conditioning for track). I enjoyed watching the soccer team tie a team that crushed us earlier in the season. Even though it was a tie, in someways it was like a victory for us. Tomorrow she starts spring soccer! Not much of a break. If you ask Steve though, he will say that two days is plenty for a break. Good grief!

We also got some other things done for the adoption. Passport applications are in the mail! (Expedited just in case). We also had our home study social worker sign a referral form. Today we will get half of our referral packet notarized. There are so many papers needing notarized that we will actually have to get a little done at a time. We were also told that our file was now officially "open" and sent to Ethiopia. So, we can expect a court date very soon. That means trip number one is quickly approaching! Prayers, prayers, prayers! We need specific prayers for a quick fingerprint date by USCIS.

So things are moving and that is all good. This past week I've been cleaning and organizing like you wouldn't believe! I still have several rooms to go. I later realized that I was "nesting!" It is very strange how that just happens. I was reading another adoption blog and a woman shared the same thing! I think that is so funny! People, I even cleaned my oven! After groceries and laundry I plan to tackle bathroom number one! Momma bird is getting ready for her little birdie! Hope you have a magnificent Monday!

1 comment:

  1. So you do have to make two trips. Well, it will all be good. I know you're trusting in God's sovereign plan. Keep on nesting and praying Phillipians 4:6-7 (Do not be anxious about anything but in everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God and the peace that passes understanding will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus.)

    ReplyDelete