Thursday, March 18, 2010

Our referral packet came in last night. More paperwork. And more notarizing. Uggh. There's more paperwork for this adoption than there was for buying our house! Now I know why they give you ten days. Thankfully the ten days starts at the time your packet is received. We also got a call from an international doctor here in Chicago. From all the information he received, he said she looked great and according to height, measurements and proportions, she looks to be three and a half. So praise God for that. Once she is in the states, we will be able to know more about her health status.

Steve and I have been a bundle of emotions. Up and down they go. I think I gave him a panic attack yesterday. Our invoice for our daughter's placement came in and I e-mailed it to him. He called and said that according to the balance it looked like they were $500 short. I said, "Short? It looks like it's $1,500 over!" Poor guy. He was at work at the time and checked the e-mail again. Phew, I was wrong. I asked him if I gave him a panic attack and he said, "Just about!" It was funny, after the fact.

We are excited! At this point, we will do everything possible to bring her home! We can't wait to meet her and we can't wait for you to meet her. That's the latest news. Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment