Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I hope you were able to check out Kevin and Stacie's blog. I haven't checked it today. I've been saying prayers for them even though I don't know them. I do know what they are going through though. Please continue to keep us in your prayers. We are applying to a couple more grant organizations in hopes of receiving some kind of financial assistance. That is a specific prayer request. It is amazing how many families are needing assistance. I think it is awesome though that so many children are being placed in forever families! It is very exciting!

Today was a great day for me. I think the weather helped. It was beautiful. I decided to take a three mile walk and just embraced the reality that we have a referral! My mood has been somber this past week. Just so much to think about. But today I just wanted to relish in the moment of being a "mother-to-be." That thought is still so cool to me.

We are waiting for our referral packet. I thought it was going to arrive today. Perhaps it will be here tomorrow. Once it arrives, we have ten days to complete the necessary requirements. That in itself is beyond exciting. To know that there is an actual person to the "idea," is something I can't put into words. I continue to look at her picture every twenty minutes. I can't wait to take that first trip so I can just give her a great big hug and kiss.

Alexa took a picture of her new sister to school today. I had some reservations, but in the end I gave in. This is a big thing for Al too. She is dealing with all the emotions in her own way and I couldn't allow myself to bottle up her excitement. She is a very proud sister. Today she had two friends over and they wanted to see the room. It was cute to hear them oooh and awww. To think of having a little one in the house again is WILD! I can't wait. I can't wait to post her picture. It will come soon. As soon as I get the okay from my caseworker I will post them here.

Thanks for hanging in there with me. Writing things down has helped tremendously. I welcome all comments. Please say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment