So what did you think of our sad little snow globe? lol! Steve didn't read the post but was quick to e-mail me to ask why I took a picture of the infamous snow globe. That photo really does tell it all!
The perfectionist in me found so many grammatical and spelling errors in my story. So to you, my apologies. I'll have you know that there is a cool little feature called 'edit' that I plan to use frequently.;)Sorry, I can't help it. That said, if you are like me and noticed every one of my mistakes, I ask that you pretend I'm the road scholar or Rhodes Scholar I think I want to be. I looked those up and they both exist. hehehe! All kidding aside, I want to share with you the other object that I mentioned yesterday.
I told you that I was an emotional wreck but found solace in my favorite book. By the way, I apologize for leaving out Bible reference's. I'll have to get better about that...So we were now faced with what country we wanted to adopt from. We first thought about China. But after gathering information on the China program we found the wait was just too long. I was 37 at the time and I wanted to get this thing moving along. I wasn't up for a three to four year wait! So we set our sights on Korea. Another problem for the Rain's. We wanted a girl and the wait was two years at best, maybe longer. We also looked into Mexico but many programs were closed for various reasons.
Ethiopia has always held a special place in our hearts. As a matter of fact, we sponsor a girl Alexa's age through Compassion International and have been doing so for about four years. I think Both Steve and I were thinking the same thing. What about Ethiopia? We looked into it and found that both girls and boys were in abundance. I will be honest, I had some reservations. Would this child be warmly received in our community and in our family? Would she be accepted within her peers? Questions, questions and more questions until a very wise person spoke her mind. "Mom, nobody cares about that."~Alexa Rain
Not everyone shares the same sentiment as my Al, but those words gave me courage to face any opposition. We are already a biracial family and color is only skin deep. Love is colorless...
Sign us up! Ethiopia is our destination! You know something, I don't think Ethiopia was really our decision. The doors closed quickly to each and every country that we first checked into. But the door to Ethiopia...wiiide open!
Feeling confident about our choice Steve went on to making that money, Al continued with school life and me, well...I read. I read a lot. Deep down I'm really a nerd. My family will back me up on this. (Shout out to all you nerds!! Woot Woot!) I love books and visit the library quite regularly. There was a book that convinced me to find another tangible object. You were probably wondering when I was going to get back to that.:) Sorry. I don't recall the title of this book but it was another devotional. It was about a small farming town that was facing a severe drought. The community church held a prayer meeting. Each person was asked to bring an object that displayed their faith. Many people brought Bibles, others brought rosaries and candles and other various trinkets. But there was one object in particular that demonstrated a great amount of faith. A young child walked up the aisle with an umbrella! If that is not faith, well then...you know the rest. Inspired by that devotion I went online and purchased a beautiful doll. For quite some time this doll sat at my desk. But today it sits on my soon-to-be daughter's bed in her bedroom. We'll get to the bedroom another time. Funny, but that last sentence sounds a little too inviting. lol! You know what I'm trying to say.
I look forward to telling you about some other events that took place that I truly believe divine. My next entry will talk about how the reservations I had were already considered by my Father. Thanks for listening and if you remember, say a small prayer for us.
Note: Our dossier is in the mail! We will soon be on a waiting list!
No comments:
Post a Comment