Sunday, March 28, 2010

I call this entry, CONTEMPLATION.


Steve and I have been so blessed by so many well wishers and it is very exciting to have such good supporters. And we are so thankful for you. But along with the supporters comes the "grumblers," which I welcome as well. I wasn't planning on journaling about the "grumblers," but I feel compelled to do so. Not because I'm feisty, but because people out there have every right to have an opinion of their own. I wanted to address this because it comes with the "journey"....If you ever plan on adopting, whether domestic or international, you will be blessed enough to know some critics. I say blessed, because in many ways...it is just that...a blessing. We have learned so much about others and about ourselves through this journey. What I look forward to, is the journey that comes once "Aleyah" is here. God give us strength, it won't be easy.



Some friends and family have kept their distance and their silence. There are two things that come to mind. One, they disapprove. Or two, they are just not "ready." To those who disapprove, that is okay. Life is that way. We all disapprove of one thing or another. That is just human nature. To those who are unsure and are just not ready to embrace it, that is fine too. Things this life-changing take time to get used to. We understand both feelings. That said, what a relief that we all get to choose what goes on in our own home. Everybody has a "journey" to travel. And thankfully, everybody travels a different road. A verse that comes to mind when I think of this amazing journey is this; "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." Hebrews 12:1 The last part of that verse excites me! We all have a race to run that is all our own! We don't have to be like one another. I can't express how much I love that reminder! I don't know where this journey will lead us. But whatever comes our way, we will face it hand in hand....as a family of four.

If you are reading this, you are most likely one of the many supporters we have been blessed to know. Thank you for following along. Again, I just felt it was time to address the "elephant in the room" so to speak. It can be a little uncomfortable for some. I also thought it was important to share the good, the bad and the ugly as we press forward.

I changed my playlist again. Songs are so relevent at different times in your life. I love these songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment