Friday, April 23, 2010

COURT DATE TODAY

Last night after Alexa went to bed I sat out on the porch thinking about this day. Julie called us earlier in the day to remind us that court was scheduled for Friday (today). Thank you Julie, but this day has been marked on our calendar the first time we were told of it. It is finally here. The more I think about it the more real it becomes. If everyone shows up today and all paperwork is completed, we will officially have a daughter waiting for us to come get her. I kind of thought of it like this, my little girl is away at "camp" and is waiting for us to pick her up. Does that make sense? It is hard for me to put it in words, but that is how I put the pieces together. Our little girl is away at "camp" and we need to bring her home. I already feel emotional this morning and know it is going to be one of those days where I need to be very close to God. A lot of my time today will be spent in prayer and waiting. When we get news, I will let you know.
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment