Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Reflections

So, photo albums and letter to birth father are in the mail. I have to admit that writing that letter was quite difficult. I didn't have a problem expressing our gratitude for his decision in finding another family for her, I did however find it difficult sharing our photos and examples of life for us here in the States. This man is very poor, so poor that he couldn't feed his daughter. What do you say to a man whom has lost hope in keeping his family together? What do you say to a man whom has gone to sleep many nights hungry? What will he think when he looks at our pictures? We live quite modestly, but in comparison to people in poverish situations we may appear to be quite wealthy. It was difficult. Sharing what we do as a family revealed many things to me...we are very blessed. Enjoying our Easter meal brought reflections about our "wealth". We as a nation are so blessed and so very wealthy. I always knew this, but reality about our way of life made me feel guilty. There were so many photos I didn't add because I didn't want him to feel worse about his current situation. What will he think of his daughter? Will he think her "lucky"? Will he be envious? Will he be overjoyed? Again, we are very simple here. We are not at all wealthy by American standards, yet we have everything available to us. The freedom of religion, the freedom of education, medicine, a job, and let's not forget the many activities available to our children. Girl Scouts, dance, sports, toys, vacations and so on. Anyhow, my prayer is that he will feel certain of his decision. I pray that his current situation will improve, but mostly, that God will give him comfort and peace as he moves forward.

Adoption has it's twist and turns, but I encourage you to consider adopting a child if it is something you feel is a possibility. We can't feed and provide for the world, but we can make a difference in the life of one child. If not adoption, maybe sponsorship.

Well that is all for today. Peace to you and yours

No comments:

Post a Comment