Easter Weekend
We had a good weekend. Friday, Steve and I celebrated 16 years of marriage...there is a God! That may sound like a joke, and it often is, but to have made it this far, there is no other explanation. Human love can only take you so far, God Love can take you the distance! We have been a couple for more than 21 years! Those years came with many heartaches and many joys. If you have been in a long-term relationship, you have experienced many heartaches and joys of your own. I remember being upset and excited at the same time about starting my senior year at a new school. Only God knew that I would find my "soul mate" there. Here we are twenty one years later, ready to embark on another journey marked by faith! We were crazy kids doing only what we wanted, never really thinking of what God wanted. We may have gone the long way in meeting God and His vision, but here we are. Again, there are so many unknowns, but that is life no matter what road you travel. We know whatever road comes our way, we won't travel it without Christ. So anyways, hurray for 16 years of marriage and 21 years of friendship!! How did we celebrate...well nothing exciting that's for sure. Don't get me wrong, we have always been real creative with our anniversaries. However, the past two years have gone by so quickly, we haven't put much thought into celebrating. Last year we both forgot our anniversary until a couple of days later! Hehehehe! I hope we aren't the only ones!
The evening of our anniversary, Alexa spent the night at a friend's house and we had dinner at Texas Roadhouse (one of Steve's favorites). Like always, dinner was yummy and conversation was now about two kids!! We also searched high and low for a child friendly photo album to send to Ethiopia. We went to six different stores in search of the "right" album. The album had to be a certain size and I, of course, wanted it to be cute. So trying to find one that I could be proud of, took some time. We ended up finding a plain pink 4x6 album that I decorated. We think it is quite cute and very girly. I posted a picture below. I have also collected many photos of us to add to the album. We also purchased another album for her birth father, as required. We hope to send them out tomorrow so they will get to Ethiopia by April 23, our court date. Anyways, that was our anniversary, very romantic, huh? There's always next year! ;)
Easter was nice and quiet. We went to church and then came home to prepare our meal. Now that Alexa is twelve, Easter events are very different in our house. Gone are the ruffled socks, curled hair, billowy dresses and traditional Easter baskets. Now it is straight hair, simple summer dress, no socks and tote bags in place of baskets! Next year however, will come many ruffled socks, billowy dresses, traditional Easter baskets and I'm sure very curly hair! The three of us are already talking about it.
We hope your Easter was spent with those you love and with many thoughts of our Savior's sacrifice and resurrection.
Blessings
No comments:
Post a Comment