Tentative Travel Date!! God is Good!!
So we got a call today. Let me rephrase that...Steve got a call today because he remembered our scheduled call and I didn't. I was off with Alexa and came home to a hubby with a big smile. I said, "Oh you're home?" He replied, "I've been home since 3:20, remember we had a call with Julie?" It was 4:30 at the time...I totally missed the call!! I will admit that Steve has been at the wheel through the majority of this. Thank goodness for his "business first" attitude. Anyways, he had a ton of information for me, so I now pass it on to you.
There is a scheduled court date for April 23. This time is set up for "Aleyah's" birth father where he will legally relinquish custody. This thought just breaks my heart. You can imagine the questions going through my mind.....Will he be sad? Will he be relieved that a family has been found for her? Will he change his mind?? I have to believe that if anything changes and he wants her back, then that is how it was meant to be. But Steve was told that there has never been a time when a birth parent changed his/her mind. But we will still pray for the best.
Once he relinquishes custody, she will legally be a RAIN!! And that means that she will be ready for us to come get her!! The tentative travel date is mid-JUNE!!!!! Can you believe that??!! The best part of this is that there will only be one trip! So we will in fact be able to bring her back to the States! Everything is starting to sink in, yet at the same time I keep asking, why us?? Why her?? Are we really this close to the finish line? This is all too surreal. It has been a crazy ride. We went for a walk this evening and I said, "We are going to Ethiopia this summer!" Who knew we would be flying to Africa into the country Ethiopia to find our daughter? Ethiopia was never on my Bucket List, that's for sure! But I must say, there is no other place I would rather go in all the world than to where our daughter waits!
There is still so much to pray for....We still haven't received an appointment for fingerprints. Once we do get fingerprinted it then takes up to three weeks to process. So we are hoping for a speedy process time. Also,we still haven't heard from the three financial assistant programs that we applied for. So we will continue to pray for God's will with that. We did however, receive our passports today! Yippee!! Is it a coincidence that our passports came the day we discussed travel plans with our case worker?? Amazing Love!! We have many things to be excited about! If anything changes, you will know about it here.
Sorry this entry is all over the place. So much to take in right now.
Love and Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment