Saturday, April 10, 2010

Welcome to my updated blog! Can you tell that I'm really "diggin'" this Blogger's Life?! lol!!

I woke early this morning and thought I would do a little writing and one thing led to another. hehehe:)

We were spending time with some friends last night and got home pretty late. We watched a little TV and finally went to bed at about 1:00 a.m. . I teased Steve and said, "I get to sleep in." You see, Steve needed to be at the soccer fields to help paint lines on the field, so he had to get up early. Well I get up at 6:00 for some reason and can't fall back to sleep. So I've been awake playing with my blog. I just love the Addis Ababa clock and forecast. It makes me feel a little closer to my little girl, if that makes any sense. And I also love the spring background page. It is so cheery!

I did want to share something that happened with my dear mother. My mom is a great lady and I feel I need to sing her praises today. She is a great volunteer and devotes a lot of her time to the elderly, her church and her community. Every week she helps pass out food from the food pantry at her church to those in much need. Well, the 700 Club just happened to be there with their cameras and all to help out and document what happens there at this particular church. My mom, being the Chatty Cathy that she is, made a lot of friends with members of 700 Club and Operation Blessing!! She met a young lady and they got to talking about our adoption. This young lady was interested in our story (I'm not clear, but I think she is interested in adoption in general). Well to make a long story short, this woman got a hold of my mom via e-mail so that my mom could give her my blog address. Isn't that cool! To think that this little blog is already doing some traveling of it's own!! (If the young lady from 700 Club is reading this, hello and welcome to our journey! Isn't my mom the friendliest person?)

Well friends, I'm getting a bit emotional thinking about my dear mother and think I should sign off now and enjoy a yummy cup of coffee! I hope your weekend is busy and relaxing at the same time.


I added a bio on our dog Misha by request.

1 comment: