Hi There,
I hope you were able to watch the video in my last post. I viewed it a few more times and couldn't help getting teary-eyed! My emotions have surprised even me these last few months! lol! It is hard to believe that we are two months away from flying to Ethiopia! We are about eight days from legally becoming "Aleyah's" family! As soon as we get the official news I will post it here.
Right now I am trying to get some things ready for our trip. We have a long list of items that are recommended for our travel. As a matter of fact, I need to set up an appointment to get immunized. Steve won't have it though, he says that he doesn't trust putting "unknowns" into his body, but I think he is really afraid of the needles! hehe! So prayers for us and the "unknowns."
We did some shopping for Alexa because she has successfully grown out of her pants and the shorts that she wore last year are a bit too tight (Daddy won't have any of that). So we took her out to pick up a few things. After an hour and a half of decisions I continued to browse while Steve walked Alexa over to the restroom (she must have really had to go, because she rarely uses public restrooms). Anyways, when they returned we walked over to the register. There was a woman and a toddler in front of us and I thought to myself, 'this lady has no idea just how difficult shopping will get.' At this time Alexa had unexplained giggles and I couldn't figure out what was so funny. The woman and her little girl exited the store and we put Alexa's things on the counter. The gentleman scanned her clothes one by one, and did it with much certainty until I caught a glimpse of a very tiny summer dress. Before he got a chance to scan it, I quickly stammered, "Wait, wait, that's not ours." I thought, 'how did that lady's things get into our pile.' Alexa continued giggling and said, "Mom, Dad has been carrying that dress for the past twenty minutes and you never noticed it." It turns out that Steve and Alexa took a detour and Daddy just couldn't help but buy another dress for the "baby." It really brought some perspective to me to see a tiny dress amongst Alexa's "Big Girl" clothes. It really is like starting over again...and I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment