Sunday, April 18, 2010

It looks like this will be a very busy week for the Rain Family. Alexa has a couple of track meets, a soccer game and tap practice. Our fingerprint appointment is on Tuesday and our court date is Friday.

So many things have been going through my mind. One, I hope that it doesn't take too long to process our fingerprints. I have heard that it could take up to two months! Two, will everyone show up for court? We were told that many people in Ethiopia do not follow calenders and there is a good possibility that her father could forget to show up. If that happens they will reschedule, in which we could be looking at an additional three weeks. The third thing I've been thinking of is whether she has received her photo album. If so, what does she think of us? Does she understand what is about to happen to her? Does she realize that the strangers in those photos are her Forever Family? Do the smiling faces that greet her make her smile in return? How does a three in a half year old process it all? The fourth thing I've been thinking about is, will we have everything ready to go when Julie calls us and says, "Time to buy tickets."? It is a crazy ride that offers no definitives. Everything is up in the air. How does one prepare? Okay, that's crazy, I just made that ryhme! lol! Let me ramble if I may, I feel a lot better when I journal all the things going through my mind. Unfortunately my fingers don't always catch up, so I apologize for all grammatical errors! ;)

I have so much to do I'm getting a little overwhelmed. When I feel this way, I'm thankful for the delays. Yet, when I walk by that empty bedroom I pause and ache because she is not here. Oh, too many emotions. I better get my game face on and get to work!!! I told you I did some spring cleaning or (nesting), and it seems that my house is still a wreck!! Ugh! This better be a good week with many accomplishments. I think it's time to get a list going. I'm so much better at following lists. I don't know, I think it's because I love the "crossing off" part of lists. Today, it's laundry. Tomorrow, groceries, which will include at least three items for the trip. So far, so good. Let me just start with that and see how I do. I know this entry is all over the place, but that's what's going on in my head. You know what that's like. Sometimes random things just jump in there and you think, "okay enough thinking for the day, my brain hurts."

If I can share one last thing. In the midst of all the craziness, I sometimes pause and thank God for it all. How blessed I am to be a part of this plan, even with all it's craziness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment