Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I'm feeling pretty excited about two different individuals who told me they were or someone they knew was thinking about adoption. Adoption was something I only thought of casually several years ago. I would watch the TV series Adoption Stories and just weep when families were united with their adopted child. I never thought about it seriously, remember, I just wanted my one child. It seems though, that God was already preparing my heart for adoption long ago. I'm so excited to finally share Derartu's pictures and identity. It makes this all so real and not so fairytale-ish. If you feel a tug at your heart or hear that soft voice in your mind encouraging you to consider loving and providing for a child in need, look into it today. You may think you are not ready for it, but remember the advice that is always given...."You're never ready for children." You can't wait for a bigger house, or a bigger paycheck or when the children are a little older. If you allowed yourself to consider it, chances are, you're ready for it! There are 146 million children who do not have the privilege of a home, family, medical attention or love. I can't imagine growing up to go without all those things. If you know for certain that adoption is not for you, pray that these orphaned children will one day find a family to call their own. Again, sponsorship is another great opportunity to help provide for these children the basic necessities.

Still no news about travel dates....

No comments:

Post a Comment