Friday, April 30, 2010

Well Happy Friday,

We got a call yesterday that the new tentative travel date is early June. Still no definite dates. There is one contingency though, our visas are still being processed. Julie (caseworker) told Steve to call our Senator's office to see about getting that expedited. If I know my husband, that will be taken care of as soon as the office opens. We are in a state of panic, but it is a contained panic. We are still waiting on God to take care of all the financial needs for travel. This really is the most stressful part of an adoption (finances). I hope our journey has not discouraged anyone from considering adoption. Even though this ride has been an up and down event, it has opened our eyes to see just how blessed we are and how much need is out there. I have learned to be more tolerant of people. We have faced some criticism and even though it stings at times I have to accept the opinions of others yet not allow them to consume me. It has been hard, but I think God is preparing me for the criticism yet to come. I must add that there are way more people who are excited for us and who are constantly encouraging us, and we are thankful for that. In the end we will be blessed with another child who will no doubt bring us so much joy! I can't wait to experience the pre-school years again. I've told the following story to several people and thought I should share it here. The other day we were at Costco. I went to the restroom and heard a woman having a conversation with her child, it went something like this: "I told you to stand there...Don't touch anything...Will you just wait...and I said don't touch anything!!" It brought back so many memories and I thought, 'Yikes, what have I got myself into.' But when I look at my twelve-year-old, I realize just how quickly time rushes by. What a blessing for me to almost start all over again.

Anxiety builds up when I see just how quickly June is approaching and all that still needs to be done before then, and at the same time, June can't get here fast enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment